Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sticky Situation

So we all have that moment when addressing our beautiful invitations that we start to try and shoot ourselves for not using pre-made address labels, or at least I did... when we had our save-the-dates printed up it started to get annoying so I picked up some adorable personalized labels from Etsy (tishtica).


It was perfect because since I hand stamped our invitations they matched the design and looked beautiful on the white envelopes! Now, of course, that personalized ink stamps are starting to surface everywhere there's a part of me kicking myself for not looking further in to it, especially since I ordered a roll of clear ones to put on our thank you notes, which cost another $20 with shipping! $60 on address labels... the average cost of a personalized rubber stamp is $30!

So, I went back to Etsy for a look, and lo and behold there are some really amazing things available-- who would have thought? Sweet Papery is the one that caught my eye first, and there's too much fun to be had on this site!


I especially love this for a new couple-- with just first names, you can order them to use on your save the dates, invitations, response cards, and thank you notes!! $25 isn't a lot to spend compared to $60+ so even if you move soon after the wedding, you won't be out a ton for a temporary item.  

What do I love even more? For the couple with a large guest list and a crafty inclination-- Save the Date and Thank You stamps!!

My husband and I are moving soon and I will DEFINITELY be checking out these stamps instead of buying new labels-- I'm not big on the self inking ones since they tend to have a specified life span, and if you get just the mounted rubber block you can go buy a few different colors of ink and have the cutest envelopes in the post!

No comments:

Post a Comment